New Orleans kirtan musician Sean Johnson of the Wild Lotus Band incorporates global fusion music, a little pop, and yogic chants in his lively vinyasa flow playlist. While in Down Dog, you might bounce to the Beastie Boys’ beat or sway to Sanskrit chants. Many of the lyrics are sung in foreign languages, which, Johnson hopes, will encourage yogis to pay attention to the music instead of the words.- ERICA RODEFER See the playlist here.
- BHAKTImmersion in NOLA Returns March 18th-25th!
- BBC Radio Interview with Seán
- Official Music Video Release: Dark Night (New Dawn Remix) With Starita
- UK’s ‘The Independent’ Feature Article – Can The GRAMMY Awards Make Chant Music Go Mainstream?
- Earmilk’s Song Premiere Of Starita’s Dark Night (New Dawn Remix)