The New Orleans-based kirtan music group, Sean Johnson & The Wild Lotus Band, bring an energetic mix of global treasures with lively kirtan, yoga, Sanskrit-inspired, and new age mantras with beautiful vocals and melodies on Unity. The ten-track release romps through infectious mantras, global chants, and Rumi poetry all composed in an easy-to-listen-to format. The extended instrumentals and repetitive vocals in spots reinforces the melodies and rhythms throughout. “Remember” contains an upbeat world rock beat with vocals akin to Australia’s Yothu Yindi, but the tune is more South Asian-inspired than Aboriginal. “The Man In Blue” features a great mantra and uppity guitar tune with a little Southern charm. In a similar manner, “I’ll Fly Away” is a gospel-esque tune with Southern roots and a kirtan infusion. “Unity” is a Rumi poetry and chant song that promotes happiness for all by repeating the popular mantra: Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu in a light pop/rock arrangement. Whether this is neo-kirtan, new age, yoga music, or spiritual music, you will find happiness and solace in the music of Sean Johnson & The Wild Lotus Band. ~ Matthew Forss
- BHAKTImmersion in NOLA Returns March 18th-25th!
- BBC Radio Interview with Seán
- Official Music Video Release: Dark Night (New Dawn Remix) With Starita
- UK’s ‘The Independent’ Feature Article – Can The GRAMMY Awards Make Chant Music Go Mainstream?
- Earmilk’s Song Premiere Of Starita’s Dark Night (New Dawn Remix)